Karish Gas Field
The Karish Gas Field is located off the coast of Israel in the Mediterranean Sea.
The map below shows the location of the gas field in the Mediterranean Sea, off the coast of Israel.
The Karish gas field was discovered in 2011. The Final Investment Decision for the development project was made in March 2018. According to Energean, "the Karish main field will be the first asset to be developed in the Karish and Tanin blocks by the Group. Karish was selected as the initial development as it is the largest discovery, is expected to provide the highest yield of liquid per volume of produced gas and is the closest discovery to shore."
According to NS Energy, "a group of four banks including Morgan Stanley, Natixis, Bank Hapoalim, and Societe Generale agreed to provide a senior credit facility of approximately £924m ($1.275bn) for the Karish gas field development project in March 2018". The project is expected to begin producing gas in 2021.
- Operator: Energean (70%), Kerogen Capital (30%)
- Parent company:
- Location: Mediterranean Sea
- Coordinates: 33.2283, 34.289 (exact)
- Reserves: 1.41 TCF gas 2P reserves; 61 MMBLS liquids 2P reserves
- Status: in development
- "Tanin". Energean. Retrieved February 1, 2021.
- "Karish". Energean. Retrieved February 1, 2021.
- "Karish Gas Field Development, Mediterranean Sea, Israel". NS Energy. Retrieved 2021-02-01.
- "Index of Oil and Gas Wells in Israel" (PDF). Ministry of Energy. June 7, 2020.