Karish and Tanin Fields Gas Sales Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Karish and Tanin Fields Gas Sales Pipeline is a gas pipeline under construction offshore the coast of Israel.
The pipeline runs from Karish and Tanin gas fields to the the Israeli shore.
- Owner: Energean E&P Holdings Limited
- Capacity: 8 bcm/y
- Length: 90 km / 56 mi
- Diameter: 30, 24 inches
- Status: Construction complete
- Start Year: 2021
In 2018, Energean agreed a loan of US$1.275 billion with the commercial banks Morgan Stanley, Natixis, Bank Hapoalim and Société Générale for the development of the Karish offshore gas project, including the construction of the pipeline and a floating production storage and offloading unit. According to Energean, the overall cost of the offshore project through to 2021 is US$1.6 billion.
Energean announced on June 22, 2020 that its construction had been completed and first gas is expected in the seconf half of 2021 as originally planned.
Articles and resources
- Elliott, Stuart (June 22, 2020). "UK-based Energean completes laying of core Israeli gas pipeline". S&P Global. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- Energean plc (June 22, 2020). "Karish pipe laying and subsea systems installation completed Karish Development c. 80% physically completed" (PDF). energean.com. Retrieved August 24, 2020.
- Stuart Elliott, UK-based Energean completes laying of core Israeli gas pipeline, S&P Global, June 22, 2020
- Energean signs $1.275bn finance deal for Karish project, Energy Press, March 5 2018.
- Corporate Presentation, Energean, November 2019.