Lawrence Energy Center
This project is listed as the CME International Hanging Rock project in the NETL database. This was originally planned to be a natural gas plant, but it was switched to an IGCC coal plant after increases in the price of natural gas. CME applied for an Ohio air permit in March 2005.
No developments have been made in the project since then, and as of Dec. 2007 the project appears to be abandoned.
Sponsor: CME International
Location: Hanging Rock, OH
Capacity: 850 MW
Projected in service: TBD
- "Calpine Announces Development of 850-Megawatt Lawrence Energy Center", CME Energy press release, October 23, 2000.
- Hamilton Township, Lawrence County, Ohio, CME Energy website, accessed January 2008.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Ohio and coal
- United States and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)