|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
The Liddell Colliery is an open cut coal mine operation located at Ravensworth in the Hunter Valley in New South Wales.
On its website Xstrata Coal states that "Liddell Colliery is owned through a Joint Venture between Xstrata Coal Pty Limited (Xstrata) (67.5%) and Mitsui Matsushima Australia Pty Limited (MMA) (32.5%). Liddell Coal Operations Pty Ltd (Liddell Coal), a 100%-owned entity of Xstrata, manages the operation on behalf of the Joint Venture. A local contractor; Rutherford-based Hunter Valley Earthmoving Company Pty Limited (HVE) operates the open cut mining operation, while Liddell Coal operates the coal handling and preparation plant (CHPP)."
- Owner: Glencore 
- Location: Ravensworth, New South Wales, Australia
- Coordinates: -32.4092227 151.0285539 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 4 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Total Reserves: 850 million tonnes (Measured, Indicated, and Inferred Resource) 
- Mineable Reserves: 11 million tonnes (Proved and Probable) 
- Coal Type: Bituminous (Thermal and Met)
- Mine Type: SURFACE OR UNDERGROUND
- Start Year: 1923
- Source of Financing: