Lu'an Zhundong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Lu'an Zhundong power station (潞安协鑫新疆准东能源公司) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The photo below shows the location of the plant in Qitai County.
Background on Project
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In 2016 China's National Energy Administration issued "scale control" (coal-fired capacity limits) on particular "sending out" locations that feed ultra-high voltage (UHV) long-distance power lines, including Inner Mongolia (Xilingong), Inner Mongolia (Ordos), Shaanxi, Ningxia, Shanxi, and Xinjiang.
As of January 2017, the affected area includes this power station, which may be scaled down as a result. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2020: Project revived
- Sponsor: Xinjiang Lu'an Energy Chemistry Co
- Parent company: GCL Poly Energy Holdings, Lu'an Group
- Location: Dajing, Qitai County, Changji Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 44.7026, 89.678 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1&2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "新疆准东"疆电外送"千万千瓦级煤电基地项目集中开工," 亚心网, 2015年04月10日
- "潞安准东电厂(2×660MW)工程环境影响评价公众参与第二次公示," 2015-04-09
- "新疆潞安协鑫准东电厂2#机组锅炉房顺利开挖," 2015-10-12
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "潞安集团与协鑫集团共商推进准东电厂项目建设事宜," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2020/3/31
- "【建设公司】新疆潞安协鑫准东电厂项目有序开展复工生产工作," 建设公司, 2020-05-07