Shenhua Baoqing power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Baoqing power station (神华国能宝清煤电化公司) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Heilongjiang Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant in Baoqing County, Shuangyashan Prefecture, Heilongjiang Province.
Shenhua Baoqing power station is a proposed six-unit power station of 5,200 MW total in Baoqing County. Units 1 and 2, totaling 600 MW each, were reported to be under construction in 2015, with units 3-6 still seeking permitting for construction.
2017: Units 1-2 postponed by government
In July 2017 China's NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
2018: Construction ongoing
2020: Plant commissioned
Units 3-6 Expansion
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
The power station was originally proposed and owned by Luneng Group. The Group transferred its coal possessions, including coal power plants, to Guodian (State Grid) in 2010. In 2012 Guodian transferred the coal assets to Shenhua Group.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: National Energy Investment Group (90%), Baoqing Asset Managment (10%)
- Location: Chaoyang Town, Baoqing County, Shuangyashan Prefecture, Heilongjiang Province, China
- Coordinates: 46.250035, 132.54726 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-2), Cancelled (Units 3-6)
- Gross capacity: 5,200 MW (Units 1-2: 600 MW, Units 3-6: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start year: 2020 (Units 1&2)
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "神华国能宝清煤电化项目进展顺利," Heilongjiang.dbw, 2015-10-28
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "神华国能宝清煤电化项目完成投资75亿," 凤凰网黑龙江综合, 2018年11月26日
- "黑龙江省拟将神华国能宝清电厂2台机组作为应急调峰储备电源," 北极星电力网, 2018/10/25
- "神华国能宝清电厂1号机组正式投运," 双鸭山日报, 2020-01-19
- "国神宝清电厂（2×600MW）2号机组顺利通过168小时试运," BJX, 2020/7/27
- "神华宝清煤电一体化火电项目五月开工," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2015/3/10
- "宝清县2014年政府工作报告," hlbaoqing.gov.cn, 2014-1-17
- "国家节能中心评审神华国能宝清发电厂新建工程," China ECC, 2014-07-29
- "国网660亿煤电资产腾挪 神华接手," sina.com.cn, 2012/08/17
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017