Mahamaya UG coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Mahamaya Coal Mine is operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, in the village of Jarhi, Tehsil Pratappur, Dist Surguja, State Chhattisgarh, India.
The map below shows the location of the mine.
Background on Mine
The Mahamaya coal mine has a designed capacity of 0.48 MTPA on a mining lease area of 762.470 ha. It is operated by South Eastern Coalfields Limited.
The project secured its environment clearance for an expansion from 0.34 MTPA to 0.48 MTPA on 18 February 2011.
- Sponsor: South Eastern Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India Limited
- Location: Jarhi, Tehsil Pratappur, Dist Surguja, State Chhattisgarh, India
- GPS coordinates: Latitude 23.35, 23.3833333 Longitude 82.43388888888889, 82.04277777777777
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 0.48 MTPA
- Production: 0.04 million tonnes.
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 12.670 MT
- Coal Type: Non-coking coal, Grade B-D
- Mine Size: 762.470 Ha
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:Environment Clearance for Expansion of Mahamaya Underground Coalmine Project, MoEF&CC India, 18 February 2011
- Size of Expansion:
- Permits and Applications: