Matarbari RLNG power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Maheshkhali Upazila - Cox's Bazar District, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh.
Japanese MITSUI and Company Limited and the Coal Power Generation Company Bangladesh Limited (CPGCBL) will jointly build a regasified liquefied natural gas power plant.
In April 2019, CPGCBL put out a request for financial advisory services for the project.
By the end of 2019, CPGCBL had purchased the land for the power plant.
- Sponsor: CPGCBL/Mitsui Joint Venture
- Parent company: CPGCBL/Mitsui Joint Venture
- Location: Maheshkhali Upazila - Cox's Bazar District, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh
- Coordinates: 21.728078, 91.889577 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (proposed): 600 MW
- Combined-cycle unit: 600 MW (to start 2023)
Articles and Resources
- Darrell Proctor, Bangladesh Announces LNG Power Plants as Part of Generation Expansion, Power Magazine, Dec 1, 2017
- Future Project, CPGCBL website, accessed Dec 24, 2019
- Aminur Rahman Rasel Govt plans to build 600MW LNG-based power plant at Matarbari, Dhaka Tribune, Jul 18, 2017
- REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EoI) FOR SELECTION OF CONSULTANT FOR FINANCIAL ADVISORY SERVICES (FAS)., CPGCBL website, Apr 4, 2019