Medan Steel Mill Power Station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Medan Steel Mill Power Station is an operating 60-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Medan, North Sumatra, Indonesia.
The map below shows the Medan Steel Mill in Medan, North Sumatra.
Background on Plant
The plant was announced in 2014 as part of a steel mill being built in Medan by PT Gunung Gahapi Sakti and China's Nanjing Iron & Steel Co. According to Platts the power plant began operation in 2017.
- Sponsor: PT Gahapi Nisco Steel
- Parent company: PT Gunung Gahapi/Nanjing I&S
- Location: North Lombok regency, West Nusa Tenggara Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 3.6675679,98.6653865 (exact)
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 30 MW
- Status: Operating
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2017
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Construction of Gahapi-Nanjing $200 million steel mill begins, Jakarta Post, Apr. 26, 2014