Meliha-El Hamra oil pipeline
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Meliha-El Hamra oil pipeline is an existing oil pipeline, running from Meliha oilfield to El Hamra terminal, Egypt.
The pipeline runs from Meliha oilfield to El Hamra terminal, Matruh governorate, Egypt.
- Operator: Western Desert Operating Petroleum Company (WEPCO)
- Parent Company: Apache Corporation (50%), Egyptian General Petroleum Corporation (50%)
- Current capacity: 140,000 barrels per day (16 inches)
- Length: 167 kilometers
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 1986
Articles and resources
- World Energy Atlas, Petroleum Economist, 2001.
- Environmental Impact Statement (EIA) for Egyptian Oil & Gas Activities, Apache Egypt Companies, Feb. 2004.
- EGYPT - The Oil Fields In Western Desert, The Free Library, accessed July 2018.