Huaneng Shanghaimiao power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Shanghaimiao power station (蒙能投华能内蒙古长城发电公司) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location where the plant is going to be built.
Background on Project
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration proposed the suspension of over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of about 100GW in 13 provinces, including Huaneng Shanghaimiao.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
August 2017: Plant permitted
Huaneng Shanghaimiao power station was approved for construction by Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region Development and Reform Commission in August 2017. It was described as a power transmission project.
2020: Construction begins
In October 2020 it was reported that the plant is under construction.
- Sponsor: Inner Mongolia Energy Engineering Co, North United Power Co Ltd, Xinwen Mining Group
- Parent company: Inner Mongolia Energy Generation & Investment Group (80%), China Huaneng (10%), Shandong Energy Group (10%)
- Location: Shanghaimiao Town, Otog Front Banner, Ordos Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates:38.249688, 106.657876 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1&2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "春到上海庙," s鄂尔多斯日报, 2015/4/8
- "北方联合电力长城电厂2×1000MW机组新建项目环境影响评价第二次公众参与信息公示," Ordos Online, 2015-07-08
- "内蒙古蒙能集团上海庙2×1000MW发电机组工程环境影响评价第一次公众参与信息公示," Ordos Online, 2015-05-08
- "上海庙经济开发区煤电项目前期工作稳步推进," SEDZ, June 6, 2016
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "北方联合电力长城电厂2×1000MW机组工程项目获内蒙古自治区发改委核准," Ordos.gov, 2017-08-25
- "蒙能集团重要项目建设快马加鞭". nmg.sina.com.cn. 2020-10-15. Retrieved 2020-12-17.