Napanee Generating Station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
The map below shows the exact location of the power station in the southern portion of the Town of Greater Napanee, in the County of Lennox and Addington, the province of Ontario, Canada.
Sitting on the north shore of Lake Ontario, Napanee Generating Station is next to the 2,140 MW gas-fired Lennox Generating Station. According to TC Energy,
- "By siting the station at this location, NGS is able to share several services with Lennox Generating Station including electrical and natural gas connections, water intake and discharge facilitates, and other infrastructure services."
In October 2016, construction was on schedule.
In August 2019, TC Energy (formerly TransCanada) agreed to sell their stake in Napanee to Ontario Power Generation, to close by the end of 2019 and subject to the plant becoming operational by then.
As of March 2020, TC Energy still reported ownership of Napanee Generating Station, under "assets subject to sale agreement" 
- Sponsor: TC Energy
- Parent company: TC Energy
- Location: Napanee, the province of Ontario, Canada
- Coordinates: 44.148442, -76.841299 (exact)
- Gross capacity (under construction): 900 MW
Articles and Resources
- Napanee Generating StationTC Energy Napanee Generating Station website, accessed Nov 21, 2019
- Platts World Electric Power Plants Database (June 2019 release)
- Lennox Generating Station, Wikipedia, accessed Nov 21, 2019
- Elliot Ferguson, Power plant build 'on schedule', The Kingston Whig-Standard, Oct 21, 2016
- Ontario Power Generation acquiring $2.8B in gas-fired plants from TC Energy, Power Engineering, Aug 2, 2019
- Corporate Profile, TC Energy, March 1, 2020
- Google Maps