Nong Fab LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Nong Fab LNG Terminal is a proposed LNG import terminal in Map Ta Phut, Rayong province, Thailand.
The terminal is proposed for Map Ta Phut, Rayong province, Thailand.
- Owner: PTT LNG
- Location: Map Ta Phut, Rayong, Thailand
- Coordinates: 12.6791481, 101.1178382 (exact)
- Capacity: 7.5 mtpa, 1.08 bcfd
- Status: Construction
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2022
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
PTT LNG is planning to build a second LNG import terminal in Thailand with the capacity to handle 7.5 million tons per year. The project has been granted governmental approval and PTT is looking to begin construction in 2020 and to start operations in 2023.
In April 2019 it was reported that construction had begun. Satellite photography from Planet appears to show ground-clearing and the construction of a pier at the site between October 2019 and April 2019, but no actual construction of the terminal.
Nong Fab LNG Receiving terminal in Rayong, Thailand is expected to come online in 2022.
Articles and resources
- Saipem lifts roof on Nong Fab LNG terminal, Offshore Energy, February 10, 2021
- Adnan Bajic, Thai PTT to complete construction of Nong Fab LNG terminal in 2022, ICIS News, Aug. 7, 2018
- "PTT upping LNG import capacity, second import terminal approved," LNG World News, Feb 8, 2017
- Blooming Economy, Bangkok Post, Apr. 18, 2019
- GIIGNL 2021 Annual Report, accessed May 5, 2021