North Tisra South Tisra (NTST) coal mines
The map below shows the location of the mine in Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India.
Bharat Coking Coal Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, operates the Cluster 9 coal mines. As of 2013, the proposed North Tisra South Tisra (NTST) opencast mine was set to produce 6 million tonnes per annum, at a maximum depth of 244 m, witha mineable reserve of 155 million tonnes, on 1431 ha. The project remains listed on the companies annual report in 2019 and Piyush Goyal, Hon'ble Minister for Railways and Coal visited the site on October 13, 2018.
- Sponsor: Bharat Coking Coal Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Dhanbad, Jharkhand, India
- Coordinates: 23.729089,86.4431996 (exact)
- Status: Proposed, Under Construction
- Capacity: 6 MTPA (North Tisra)
- Reserves: 162 million tonnes 
- Resources:132.667 
- In service: 1972
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Mining method: Surface, Opencast
- Mine size: 14 km2
Articles and resources
- Bharat Coking Coal Limited, Cluster IX Environmental Monitoring Report, October 2017.
- Forest Clearance accessed June 2020
- BCCL, Annual Report 2019, accessed November 2020
- Coal India Limited, Twitter Account, October 13, 2018
- Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- Bharat Coking Coal Limited, "Lodna Area", BCCL website, Accessed May 2021