Orchard Branch Mine No. 89
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Orchard Branch Mine No. 89 is an underground mine in Perry County, Kentucky.  It is a part of the Blue Diamond Complex that also includes Mines 68, 88, 75 and 77 a well as the Calvary 81 Mine, Beechfork Mine No. 81, and Poundmill Mine No. 90.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Blue Diamond Coal Company operates the mine, which is owned by Sev.en Energy AG. Production at the mine started in 2015. The mine was previously owned and operated by the James River Coal Co. After James River declared bankruptcy, it was acquire by Blackhawk Mining in 2014. In turn, Blackhawk Mining was acquired in 2020 by Sev.en Energy.
In 2020, the mine produced 0.3 million tons and had 79 employees.
- MSHA id: 1519405
- Operator: Blue Diamond Coal Company
- Owner: Sev.en Energy AG
- Location: Perry County, Kentucky
- Coordinates: 37.176544, -83.110364(Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 341,939 tonnes per annum (2020)
- Total Reserves:
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2015
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- U.S. department of labor, MSHA, Mine Data Retrieval System, accessed June 29, 2021
- "OPERATIONS - Blue Diamond". James River Coal Company. Retrieved June 29, 2021.
- "James River Coal assets to be acquired by Blackhawk Mining for $52M". S&P Global Market Intelligence. August 25, 2014. Retrieved June 29, 2021.
- "Sev.en Energy acquires Blackhawk Mining to significantly strengthen its presence in US metallurgical coal mining". Sev.en Energy. June 1, 2020. Retrieved June 29, 2021.