Pasir Gudang SIPP power station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Pasir Gudang SIPP power station (also known as Track 4A power station) is a 1,440-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in the state of Johor, Malaysia. It is 99% complete as of August, 2020. Unit 1 reached COD in January 2021, and Unit 2 in February 2021.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Pasir Gudang, Johor, Malaysia.
- Sponsor: Southern Power Generation Sdn Bhd (SPG)
- Parent company: SIPP Energy Sdn Bhd (SIPP) [49%]; Tenaga Nasional Bhd (TNB) [51%]
- Location: Pasir Gudang, Johor, Malaysia
- Coordinates: 1.44711, 103.88314 (exact) 
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 1,440 MW
- Unit 1: Gas-fired combined-cycle, 720 MW (start-up in 2021)
- Unit 2: Gas-fired combined-cycle, 720 MW (start-up in 2021)
Articles and Resources
- TNB acquires 51% of Track 4A, The Edge Markets, May 5, 2017
- TNB inks deal with SIPP Energy, a private vehicle owned by the Johor Sultan, The Star, Sept. 7, 2016.
- TNB buys additional stake in power plant from SIPP Energy for RM283 million, The Edge Markets, September 28, 2020
- Southern Power Generation ready to supply 1,440MW electricity power into national grid, The Edge Markets, Feb 19, 2021
- TNB returns as SIPP’s partner in RM4.7bil power project, The Star Online, May 3, 2017.
- TNB to buy 51pc of Southern Power, New Straits Times, May 3, 2017
- "SIPP takes 10% stake in ERL ahead of HSR project". January 12, 2016.
- Southern Power Generation Sdn. Bhd. 1,440 MW Combined Cycle Gas Turbine Power Plant, Pöyry, accessed Mar 26, 2021