Peddaganjam power station (Sravanthi)
Peddaganjam power station (Sravanthi) is a proposed 1400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Andhra Pradesh, India.
The map below shows Chinnaganjam taluk, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
According to the website of project sponsor Sravanthi Group, the power station "shall begin construction in late 2012 and be commissioned by 2015." The land requirement is 750 acres of land, which the company was still seeking. As of August 2015, with nothing updated on the website, no reports in the press, and no application for environmental clearance in over three years, it appears that the project has been cancelled.
- Sponsor: Sravanthi Power
- Parent company: Sravanthi Group
- Location: Peddaganjam village, Chinnaganjam taluk, Prakasam district, Andhra Pradesh
- Coordinates: 15.7, 80.25 (approximate)
- Gross Capacity:
- Unit 1: 700 MW
- Unit 2: 700 MW
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Unit 1: 2015
- Unit 2: 2015
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Imported
- Source of financing:
- Permits: Terms of Reference, India MoEF, May 18, 2011
Articles and resources
- "Andhra Pradesh (Imported Coal Based): 1,400 MW," Sravanthi Group, accessed Feb 2014.