Wink to Webster Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Wink to Webster Pipeline, also called Permian Pipeline JV, is an oil pipeline in Texas, USA.
The pipeline originates in both Wink and Midland, Texas, USA with delivery points in Webster, Baytown and Beaumont, Texas, USA.
- Owner: ExxonMobil (33.30%), Lotus Midstream (33.30%), Plains All American Pipeline (33.30%)
- Proposed capacity: 1 million barrels per day
- Length: 1,046.1 kilometers / 650 miles
- Diameter: 36-inches
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2020
- Financing: US$621 million in loans from a consortium of commercial banks
Wink to Webster Pipeline LLC is a joint venture among affiliates of ExxonMobil; Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.; MPLX LP; Delek US; Lotus Midstream, LLC; and Rattler Midstream LP. The pipeline system will transport more than 1 million barrels of crude oil and condensate per day from the Permian Basin in West Texas to the Texas Gulf Coast. The pipeline segments will extend approximately 650 miles between origination points in Wink and Midland, Texas, and delivery to multiple locations in the Houston market, including Webster and Baytown, with connectivity to Texas City and Beaumont. The project will be supported by new operational storage capacity at the origin points to facilitate the segregation of multiple crude qualities prior to shipment and significantly increase pipeline takeaway capacity from the Permian Basin. Completion is expected in 2021.
The main segment of the pipeline was commissioned and started transporting oil ahead of schedule in October 2020. Service is expected to be available for shippers from Midland, Texas to Houston, Texas by the end of the year. Additional segments are expected to be placed in service throughout 2021.
In February 2020, the project promoters secured US$621 million in debt financing for the pipeline's development and construction from JPMorgan Chase, MUFG, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Bank of China, HSBC, Société Générale, CoBank, MetLife and Scotiabank.
Articles and resources
- Wink to Webster Pipeline, Wink to Webster Pipeline, accessed November 22, 2019
- National Energy and Petrochemical Map , FracTracker, February 28, 2020
- Asset Data, IJGlobal, accessed Aug. 27, 2020
- Petroleum & Other Liquids, Movements, Energy Information Administration, June 4, 2020
- MPLX says main segment of 1 million bpd Permian oil pipeline started up in October, Reuters, Nov. 2, 2020
- "Wink to Webster Pipeline (1,046KM)", IJGlobal, accessed Jul. 22, 2020