Pike River Coal
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
This article is part of the collection of articles on coal projects in New Zealand, which has been developed in conjunction with Coal Action Network Aotearoa (CANA). See CANA's Twitter feed and Facebook page. For information on how to get involved in adding material to CoalSwarm see here.
Pike River Coal was the company which developed the Pike River mine. On November 19 2010 an underground explosion ripped through the mine and killed 29 workers. After attempts to recover the bodies failed, the mine was sealed. Pike River Coal collapsed and the company went into receivership. In March 2012 the receivers announced that they had sold Pike River Coal's assets to Solid Energy, subject to the completion of due diligence.
- Peter Whittall - Chief Executive
Accessed November 2010: 
- John Dow - Chairman and Independent Director
- Raymond Meyer - Non Executive Director
- Tony Radford - Non Executive Director
- Stuart Nattrass - Independent Director
- Dipak Agarwalla - Non Executive Director
- Arun Jagatramka - Non Executive Director