Piparwar coal mines
The Piparwar coal mines are a network of underground and opencast coal mines, operated by Central Coalfields Limited, a subsidiary of Coal India, producing more than 30 million-tonnes-per-annum, in Jharkhand state, India.
The map below shows the location of the Ashoka coal mine in the Piparwar Area in Jharkhand state, India.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Central Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Piparwar Area, Jharkhand state, India
- Coordinates: 23.724268, 85.037525 (exact)
- Status: operating/proposed
- Capacity: Ashoka mine (14 MTPA), Piparwar mines (16.5 MTPA), and Ray-bachra (0.3 MTPA)
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Mining method: surface and underground
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Central Coalfields Limited, Statutory Clearances, accessed March 23, 2020