Puerto Sandino FSRU LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Puerto Sandino FSRU LNG Terminal is a floating LNG import terminal under development in Puerto Sandino, Nicaragua.
The FSRU will be moored in Puerto Sandino, Nicaragua.
- Owner: New Fortress Energy
- Location: Puerto Sandino, Nicaragua
- Coordinates: 12.171182, -86.767115 (approximate)
- Capacity: 60 million cubic feet of natural gas per day (MMcfd) / 0.06 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day (bcfd)
- Type: Import
- Status: Construction
- Start Year: 2022
New Fortress is developing a 0.4 MTPA LNG-to-power project, including the 300 MW Puerto Sandino LNG Power Plant and an offshore LNG receiving, storage and regasification terminal off the coast of Puerto Sandino. In February 2020 New Fortress Energy signed a 25-year power purchase agreement with Nicaragua’s electricity distribution companies to supply power produced from around 0.4 MTPA of LNG.
The project start-up was originally expected in the second half of 2021, but commissioning has repeatedly been delayed. In October 2021, New Fortress Energy's operations manager in Nicaragua reported that the project was 85% complete and preparing to enter a testing phase. However, as of February 2022, New Fortress Energy's most recent filings with the US Securities and Exchange Commission indicated that the project was still under construction.
Articles and resources
- Christopher E. Smith, New Fortress takes FID on modular liquefaction, advances regas projects, Oil & Gas Journal, March 17, 2021
- "Form 10-K: New Fortress Energy Inc". US Securities and Exchange Commission. February 28, 2022.
- "New Fortress Energy: Más del 85 % de avance en construcción de planta de gas - Nicaragua". TN8 / YouTube. October 5, 2021.
- GIIGNL 2021 Annual Report, accessed May 5, 2021
- "Annual Investor Update". New Fortress Energy. July 2021.
- "New Fortress Energy". Enatrel. Retrieved 2022-03-14.
- "New Fortress Energy builds gas plant, risks involvement with sanctioned parties". Confidencial. October 1, 2021.