Puerto Sandino FSRU LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Puerto Sandino FSRU LNG Terminal is a floating LNG import terminal proposed in Puerto Sandino, Nicaragua.
The FSRU will be moored in Puerto Sandino, Nicaragua.
- Owner: New Fortress Energy
- Location: Puerto Sandino, Nicaragua
- Coordinates: 12.171182, -86.767115 (approximate)
- Capacity: 60 million cubic feet of natural gas per day (MMcfd) / 0.06 billion cubic feet of natural gas per day (bcfd)
- Type: Import
- Status: Proposed
- Start Year: 2021
New Fortress is developing a 0.4 MTPA LNG-to-power project, including the 300 MW Puerto Sandino LNG Power Plant and an offshore LNG receiving, storage and regasification terminal off the coast of Puerto Sandino. In February 2020 New Fortress Energy signed a 25-year power purchase agreement with Nicaragua’s electricity distribution companies to supply power produced from around 0.4 MTPA of LNG. The project start-up is expected in the second half of 2021.
Articles and resources
- Christopher E. Smith, New Fortress takes FID on modular liquefaction, advances regas projects, Oil & Gas Journal, March 17, 2021
- GIIGNL 2021 Annual Report, accessed May 5, 2021