Rizhao Iron and Steel Cogen power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Rizhao Iron and Steel Cogen power station (日照钢铁集团热电联产) is a 660-megawatt (MW) cogeneration coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant at Hanjia Village, Lanshan District, Rizhao Prefecture, Shandong Province.
Background on Project
In July 2016, Shandong Iron and Steel Group was permitted to build a 2 x 330 MW subcritical coal plant in Lanshan District. However, the plant actually went into operation in September 2013, after being built in a record-breaking 13 months from business contract in August 2012 to dual-grid power generation in September 2013.
- Sponsor: Rizhao Steel Holding Group
- Parent company: Shandong Iron and Steel Group
- Location: Lanshan District, Rizhao Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.156207, 119.366648 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 660 MW (Units 1-2: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 2013
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: