Segovia-Avila Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Segovia-Avila Gas Pipeline is an operating natural gas pipeline in Spain.
The pipeline runs from the Spanish town of Palazuelos de Eresma (Segovia Province) to Vicolozano (Avila Province).
- Operator: Redexis Gas
- Parent Company: Redexis Gas
- Current Capacity:
- Length: 49 mi / 79 km
- Status: Operating
- Start Year: 2011
The Segovia-Avila gas pipeline was originally owned by Transportista Regional del Gas, however, in 2000, the company was acquired by Redexis Gas. It integrates the Segovia-Otero de Herreros and Otero de Herreros-Ávila gas pipelines.
The pipeline is used for both industrial and private purposes and provides the residents of Spain's Segovia and Avila provinces another alternative energy option for their homes or their companies.
Articles and resources
- Pipeline projects list: Europe: Spain, SIMDEX, accessed Jan. 11, 2020.
- "The Segovia-Ávila gas pipeline will be in full service at the end of this month" El Adelantado, Oct. 24, 2011.
- Our History Redexis, accessed Jan. 11, 2020.
- BOE-B-2008-61184 Boletín Oficial del Estado, Mar. 11, 2008.