Shanneng Shenglu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shanneng Shenglu power station (山东能源上海庙盛鲁电厂) is a 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Otog Front Banner. Google satellite imagery appears to be old and not show full construction.
Background on Project
The plant was permitted in July 2016. Construction is planned for 2017 and operation in 2019.
Construction began in May 2017. The plant is planned to transfer power to Shandong Province.
Unit 1 was commissioned in August 2020, and unit 2 in December 2020.
- Sponsor: Shandong Energy Group
- Location: Shanghaimiao Town, Otog Front Banner, Ordos Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 38.373756, 106.782583 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1&2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2020
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: