Lüliang Pangpangta power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Lüliang Pangpangta power station (京能山西吕临发电公司) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Lin County.
Background on Project
Construction began in June 2015. Commercial operation is planned for 2017.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Lüliang Pangpangta. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Listed as key project of 2018
At the end of 2017, the Shanxi Provincial Development and Reform Commission issued its "key projects of 2018", which recommends Lüliang Pangpangta power station for construction.
Satellite photos for 38.046602, 111.09854 show that the project was already substantially completed as of May 2017.
- Sponsor: Huozhou Coal Electricity Co.
- Parent company: Beijing Energy Group (66%), Shanxi Coking Coal Group (34%)
- Location: Chengzhuang Town, Daju Villege, Lin County, Lüliang Prefecture, Shanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.046602, 111.09854 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1&2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Start year: 2019
- Coal type: Bituminous waste coal
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "山西临县庞庞塔千万吨煤电一体化发电项目开工奠基 任润厚等领导出席," Shanxi Coking Coal, 2013-05-24
- "山西临县低热值煤2×350MW超临界发电机组新建工程高幅振动筛、破碎机、细碎机等设备招标," findzd.com, 2014-03-04
- "新常态 新作为：山西吕临低热值煤发电项目开工," 山西日报, 2015/6/15
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12
- "2018山西省重点工程名单：8个储能相关项目入围," 中国储能网新闻中心, 2018-1-2
- "中南电力新作：京能吕临电厂1号机组顺利投产," Sina, 2019年10月03日
- "京能吕临发电公司2号机组正式投产运营," 刘良萍 陈勤, 2019-12-30