Sharjah FSRU Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Sharjah FSRU Terminal is a proposed floating LNG import terminal in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates.
- Owner: Sharjah National Oil Corporation (100%)
- Location: Sharjah , United Arab Emirates
- Coordinates: 25.379099, 55.387511 (approximate)
- Capacity: 1 billion cubic feet per day (bcfd)
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Import
- Start Year: 2020
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
In 2017, the LNG import project was launched as a joint venture between Sharjah National Oil Corporation (60 percent) and Uniper (40 percent). The terminal is expected to have an import capacity of 1 billion cubic feet per day (bcfd). The project was initially scheduled to start operations in 2019.
In 2019, Sharjah National Oil Corporation (SNOC) decided to retain 100 percent of the equity of the Sharjah LNG terminal project after the cancellation of its joint venture with Germany-based energy company Uniper. At the same time, SNOC announced 2020 as the new expected start year.
Articles and resources
- Anoop Menon, Sharjah takes full ownership of strategic LNG import project Zawya, June 19, 2019