Shenhua Fugu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Fugu power station (神华国能陕西德源府谷能源公司) is a 2,520-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
The photo below shows the plant in Fugu County, Yulin Prefecture, Shaanxi Province.
Background on Plant
Description of Expansion
The feasibility report has been completed, and the project is awaiting environmental clearance.
The new units were permitted for construction in December 2016, as 2 x 660 MW units.
Expansion postponed by central government but begins construction
January 2017: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017, NEA sent letters to 13 provinces to enforce the suspension of over 100 specific coal plants under planning or construction, totaling nearly 100 GW of capacity. The proposal was to help the country meet the coal capacity limit set out in China's 13th Five-Year Plan. In the letters, it said the projects included should be postponed to the 14th Five Year period (2021-2025).
For details, see China's Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
October 2017: Shenhua signs equipment contract
June 2018: Construction begins
Construction began on the power station in late June 2018.
December 2020: Units 3-4 commissioned
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
Project Details for Units 3 & 4 Expansion
- Sponsor: National Energy Investment Group (70%), Shaanxi Coal and Chemical Industry Group (30%)
- Location: Miaogoumen Town, Fugu County, Yulin Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 39.208319, 110.784956 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 3 & 4: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Start year: 2020
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "公司简介", 中国电力人才网, 2014-08-27
- "府谷县庙沟门工业园区", 府谷一站通生活服务网, 2014-08-01
- "关于对陕西德源府谷能源有限公司府谷电厂二期项目规划选址的公示", 陕西省住房和城乡建设厅, 2014-08-19
- "陕西省2014年省重点建设拟新建项目计划," 2014-11-12
- "神府至河北南网扩建工程获国家核准总投资150亿," Sina, Dec 23, 2016
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "哈电集团成功签订神华府谷2×660MW三大主机设备供货合同," CNEnergy, 2017-10-20
- "陕西德源府谷电厂2×660MW扩建工程正式开工," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2018/7/6
- "广东大唐国际宝昌燃气热电2×400MW级扩建工程开工 - 北极星火力发电网". news.bjx.com.cn. 2020-12-28. Retrieved 2020-12-31.
- "陕西府谷二期2×66万千瓦扩建工程实现“双投”," 北极星电力网, 2021/1/6
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017