Shenhua Hulunber Baorixile power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Hulunber Baorixile power station (神华内蒙古国华呼伦贝尔发电公司) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
An additional 1,200 MW has been proposed.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Baorixile Town (Baorixilezhen).
Background on Project
In 2008 construction was approved for a 4 x 600 MW Baorixile power station in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Units 1-2 with a total capacity of 1,200 MW were completed in 2010.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
The proposed units 3-4 are therefore likely shelved.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Group
- Parent Company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Baorixile Town (Baorixilezhen), Chenba'erhu (Old Barag) Banner, Hulunbuir Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 49.3485, 119.7199059 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1 & 2); Cancelled (Units 3 & 4)
- Gross capacity: 2,400 MW (Units 1-4: 600 MW)
- In service: 2010 (Units 1 & 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Design Report of Baorixile Power Plant's Machine Units Project Passed Appraisal," BidLink, Apr 21, 2005
- "Typical projects," China Engineering Group report, page 9
- "内蒙古国华呼伦贝尔发电有限公司二期工程可行性研究勘察设计招标公告," 2012-6-26
- "神华集团国华呼伦贝尔发电公司," Job1001.com, 2013-03-20
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017