Shenhua Shengli power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhua Shengli power station (神华北电胜利发电公司) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Xilinhot City, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Xilingol Prefecture.
Background on Plant
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In 2016 China's National Energy Administration issued "scale control" (coal-fired capacity limits) on particular "sending out" locations that feed ultra-high voltage (UHV) long-distance power lines, including Inner Mongolia (Xilingong), Inner Mongolia (Ordos), Shaanxi, Ningxia, and Xinjiang.
As of January 2017, the affected area includes this power station, which may be scaled down as a result.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: National Energy Investment Group (63%), China Huaneng (35%), Xilingol Asset Management (2%)
- Location: Xilinhot City, Xilingol Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 44.003568 116.124085 (exact)
- Status: Construction (subject to scale control)
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- " 十二五规划16大煤电基地项目" accessed June 2013
- "国资委国有企业监事会领导来神华胜利能源公司调研", 中国煤炭新闻网, 2014-9-26
- "神华北电胜利能源有限公司", 锡盟煤炭局, 2014-04-14
- "神华胜利坑口电厂一期2×660MW发电机组获准开展前期工作', 中共锡林浩特市委宣传部, 2009-08-18
- "锡林郭勒盟盟委书记于永泉到神华胜利能源公司调研", 中国煤炭长安网, 2013-05-31
- "神华胜利电厂2×66万千瓦机组项目已获得自治区发改委核准," 督查室 作者, 2015-04-28
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017