Shenhuaguohua Tianjin Energy Zhunge'er Dalu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Shenhuaguohua Tianjin Energy Zhunge'er Dalu power station (神华国能津能准格尔大路发电厂) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Junggar Banner, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Project
Shenhua & Tianjin Energy Investment Group is seeking approval for a 2 x 1,000 MW ultra-supercritical coal plant in Dalu Town, Junggar Banner. The power station would be ultra-supercritical. Construction is planned to begin in 2016, and operation in 2018.
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Guohua & Tianjin Investment
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Dalu Town, Junggar Banner, Ordos Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 39.866667, 111.233333 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1&2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service: 2018
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "关于内蒙古国华津能大路电厂开展前期工作的请示," 2013-12-23,"] Dalu Industrial Park, accessed Sep 2015
- "内蒙古大路天津能源发电厂2×1000MW新建工程," 2015-5-20
- "内蒙古大路天津能源发电厂2×1000MW新建工程可行性研究勘察设计变更公告," 中国招标与采购网 中国电力招标网, 2015-03-18
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage". Reuters. 29 August 2017. Retrieved 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company". Bloomberg News. 28 August 2017. Retrieved 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017