Sumbagsel-1 Power Station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Sumbagsel-1 Power Station is a proposed 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Muara Enim Regency, South Sumatra Province, Indonesia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the plant Muara Enim Regency, South Sumatra Province, Indonesia, as shown in the PLN long-range plan for 2019-2028.
The plant appears in the 2018-2027 long-range plan (RUPTL) as a one-unit 300-MW IPP, or private, independent power project. PT PLN Persero has stated that it would be a mine-mouth power plant. In the 2019-2028 long-range plan it is changed to a 2 x 200 MW plant scheduled for 2023. PLN has assigned responsibility for developing the plant to its subsidiary Pembangkitan Jawa Bali Investasi (PJBI). A Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) for the plant was signed in May 2018.
- Sponsor: Sumbagsel Energi Sakti Perwali
- Parent company: PT PLN Persero
- Location: Butaraja, West Lampung Regency, South Sumatra Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -5.057428, 103.830676 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 150 MW
- In service: Unit 1: 2023; Unit 2: 2023
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, A-82
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2018-2027, PT PLN Persero, A-80
- PLTU MULUT TAMBANG, PLN Akan Segera Tuntaskan Proyek PLTU Mulut Tambang 800 MW Tahun Ini, Industri, Jun. 10, 2018
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2019-2028, PT PLN Persero, V-59
- The Case for System Transformation in Indonesia, IEEFA, November 2019
- Gubernur HD Dukung Pembangunan PLTU di Baturaja, Palpos, Jan. 22, 2020