Zhejiang Taizhou-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Zhejiang Taizhou-2 power station (浙能台州第二发电公司) is a 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Zhejiang Province, China.
The photo below shows the Taizhou-2 power station
Background on Project
With no permits or developments since their announcement in 2012-2013, the two additional planned units are likely deferred or abandoned.
- Sponsor: Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group (94%), Sanmen County Technological Inovation Investment Company (6%)
- Location: Caotou Village, Bubagang Town, Sanmen County, Taizhou Prefecture, Zhejiang Province, China
- Coordinates: 29.012395, 121.695507 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Unit 1) - September 2015; Operating (Unit 2) - December 2015; Cancelled (Units 3 & 4)
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1&2: 1,000 MW); 2000 MW (Unit 3&4: 1000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: