Tata Steel Angul steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Tata Steel Angul is a steel plant in Shibapur, Meramandali, Dhenkanal, India.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Shibapur, Meramandali, Dhenkanal, India.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Owner: Tata Steel BSL Ltd.
- Parent company: Tata Steel
- Alternative plant names: Bhushan Steel Ltd (BSL), Tata Steel BSL Odisha
- Location: Narendra Pur P.O. Shibapur, Meramandali, District - Dhenkanal - 759121, India
- GPS Coordinates: 20.796053, 85.260382 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2004 (age 16–17)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 5600
- 2019 Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 3833 (BOF/BF, FY2019), 1344 (EAF, FY2019)
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: hot rolled coil, pipe, sheet, cold rolled
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF and DRI)
- Primary steel production equipment: direct reduced iron (DRI) plant (2007); 2 blast furnaces (BF) (BF #1 (2010), BF #2 (2013)); 2 coke ovens (coke oven #1 (2010), coke oven #2 (2013)); 3 sinter plants (sinter plant #1 (2010), sinter plant #2 (2013), sinter plant #3 (2013)); CONARC (2010)
Articles and resources