Thorpe Marsh Power Station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Thorpe Marsh Power Station is a 1,575-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in South Yorkshire County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Doncaster, South Yorkshire County, United Kingdom.
The power station was originally proposed in 2010. In 2016, the company revised its proposal from two combined cycle and one open cycle natural gas fired turbines generating 1500 MW to two combined cycle turbines generating 1575 MW. However, the plans appear to have stalled around that time, and the project appears to be shelved.
As of April 2021 there is no new progress and the plant is presumed cancelled.
- Sponsor: Thorpe Marsh Power Ltd
- Parent company: Carlton Power Ltd
- Location: Doncaster, South Yorkshire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 53.5228, -1.1285 (approximate)
- Gross generating capacity (cancelled): 1,575 MW
- Combined-cycle unit 1: 788 MW
- Combined-cycle unit 2: 788 MW
Articles and Resources
- Thorpe Marsh Power Station Section 36 Consent Variation Environmental Information Report July 2016], Thorpe Marsh Power Ltd , July 2016.
- Thorpe Marsh Power Ltd, Thorpe Marsh Power Ltd website, accessed November 2019.