Trebisov Power Station
Trebisov Power Station was a proposed 885-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Slovakia.
The map below shows Trebišov, where the plant was proposed.
Sponsor Ceskoslovenska Energetica Spolocnost says the power station would cost $1.1 billion euros. The proposal is being opposed by local residents, the local council, winemakers in nearby Hungary and the Hungarian government.
In 2008 the power station was denied a planning permit over concerns about air pollution and health.
- Sponsor: Ceskoslovenska Energetica Spolocnost
- Parent company:
- Location: Trebišov, Slovakia
- Coordinates: 48.627778, 21.717222 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 885 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type: Hard coal
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and Resources
- "Objections mount to proposal for new power station in Slovakia", ITN, August 27, 2007.
- "Thermal power plant in Trebišov rejected," via iuris, Mar 2, 2010.
Related GEM.wiki articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|