Ukhta-Torzhok 3 Gas Pipeline
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Ukhta-Torzhok 3 Gas Pipeline (Газопровод Ухта - Торжок - 3, Ухта - Торжок III нитка) is a proposed natural gas pipeline in Russia.
Running parallel to the Ukhta-Torzhok Gas Pipeline and Ukhta-Torzhok 2 Gas Pipeline, this pipeline will take gas from the hub of Ukhta and transport it southwest to Torzhok via Gryazovets. At Gryazovets, the pipeline will connect to the Gryazovets-Vyborg Gas Pipeline and run westward to Saint Petersburg and then feed into the Nord Stream Gas Pipeline which delivers gas onward to Western Europe.
- Owner: Gazprom
- Parent company: Gazprom
- Length: 970 kilometers / 603 miles
- Status: Proposed
- Start year: 2023
- Associated infrastructure: Ukhta-Torzhok Gas Pipeline; Ukhta-Torzhok 2 Gas Pipeline
In October 2018, it was reported that Gazprom intended to start construction of the third segment of the Ukhta-Torzhok Gas Pipeline in the next few years. World Pipelines reported in 2019 that Ukhta-Torzhok 3 Gas Pipeline was in the design stage in November 2019. According to the Gazprom Annual Report 2019, the start of phased commissioning is expected in 2023. In June 2020, Gazprom has purchased a large supply of pipeline construction materials for three gas construction projects, including this project. In March 2022, it was reported that Gazprom had an issue with the supplier of construction materials for this project where it was impossible to proceed with the equipment installation.
Articles and resources
- Gazprom. "PJSC Gazprom Annual Report 2019" (PDF). Gazprom. Retrieved October 6, 2020.
- "Both strings of TurkStream filled up with gas". World Pipelines. 2019-11-20. Retrieved 2020-10-06.
- ""Газпром" хочет построить III линию Бованенково-Ухта и Ухта-Торжок в ближайшие годы". 1prime.ru. Oct 10, 2018. Retrieved Jul 12, 2022.
- ""Газпром" объявил крупнейшую в истории закупку труб - 1,3 млн тонн на 100 млрд рублей". Интерфакс. June 8, 2020. Retrieved July 29, 2021.
- "Структура Роскосмоса сорвала поставки для проектов «НОВАТЭКа» и «Газпрома». «АвиаГазЦентр» пошел на мировое, а «Таркосаленефтегаз» – на принцип". pravdaurfo.ru. Mar 11, 2022. Retrieved Jul 13, 2022.