Vizag Steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Vizag Steel is an integrated steel plant in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited has Navratna PSE (Private Sector Enterprise) status by the Government of India under the Ministry of Steel.
- Private/State ownership: state-owned (Ministry of Steel)
- Parent company: Government of India
- Owner: Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Ltd. (RINL)
- Alternative plant names: RINL, Visakhapatnam Steel Plant
- Location: Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, Visakhapatnam 530031, Andhra Pradesh, India
- GPS Coordinates: 17.612846, 83.191918 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1971 (age 49–50)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: long
- Steel products: rebar, rounds, wire rod, billets, bar, specialty steel
- Steel sector end users: construction
- Steelmaking process: integrated
- Primary steel production equipment: 4 coke oven batteries (67 41.6m3 coke ovens each; 1989, 1991, 1992, 2009); 3 sinter plants (sinter plant #1 1989 with modernization in 2017, sinter plant #2 1991, sinter plant #3 2013); 3 3800m3 blast furnaces (BF) (BF#1 1990 with relining in 2014, BF#2 1992 with relining in 2017, BF#3 2012); 6 basic oxygen furnaces (BOF) (BOF A 1990 with modernization in 2016, BOF B 1991 with modernization in 2017, BOF C 1992 with modernization in 2016, BOF D 2014, BOF E 2013, BOF F 2016)
- Power source: Power generated at two captive power plants, solar power plant, back pressure turbine station (BPTS), Gas Expansion Turbine Station (GET), waste heat recovery at sinter plant.
- Iron ore / coal source: Captive mines operational beginning in 2006.
Articles and resources
This page uses material from the Wikipedia page Visakhapatnam Steel Plant under the provisions of the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License.