Weiqiao Aluminum power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Weiqiao Aluminum power station (魏桥集团铝电公司热电厂技改工程, 魏桥集团邹平滨藤纺织热电厂), also known as Weiqiao Zouping-6 power station, is a 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power complex in Shandong Province, China.
The map below shows the power station in Zouping County.
Background on Plant
Units 1-4 were shut down in 2020.
Shandong Weiqiao Group found to have built 45 coal-fired units without necessary permits
In August and September 2017, China's central government Environmental Protection Inspection Group 3 (中央第三环境保护督察组) spent a month in Shandong Province, to inspect the province's environmental protection work. In its final inspection report, the Group found that Shandong Weiqiao Group illegally built 45 coal power units in Shandong.
In May 2018, the Shandong Provincial government responded to the inspection report with a plan to address the wrongdoings. According to the province, 33 of Weiqiao's 45 illegal coal power plants had since completed the necessary procedures to receive environment clearance and continue operating; 12 of the plants did not complete any procedures and should stop construction and operation immediately. Among the 12 units, 4 units should stop construction, and 8 units should stop operation, although they are not named.
- Sponsor: Weiqiao Aluminum Limited
- Parent company: Shandong Weiqiao Group
- Location: Economy Development District, Zouping County, Binzhou prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 36.8978809, 117.7844238 (exact)
- Status: Retired (Units 1-4), Operating (Units 5-8)
- Gross capacity: 2,640 MW (Units 1-8: 330 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service: 2012 (Units 1-4), 2015 (Units 5-8)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "山东魏桥铝电有限公司热电厂技改（邹平六电一期）工程（4×330MW）并网发电试运行 (发布时间," CEEC, 2012-10-15
- "山东邹平六电二期工程6号机组一次并网成功," CEEC, 2015-11-5
- "山东省七部门联合印发新一轮燃煤机组关停通知 附：关停及改造名单," 享能汇, 021-04-14
- "魏桥因自备电厂再遭点名 违规建设发电机组45台," Jiemian, 2018/05/31
- "山东省公开中央环境保护督察整改方案," China MEP, 2018年05月29日