Wrexham Energy Centre
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Wrexham Energy Centre is a 299-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Wrexham County (Wales), United Kingdom.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Wrexham Town, Wrexham County (Wales), United Kingdom.
The site received a Development Consent Order (DCO) from the Secretary of State in 2017. However, there has not been development activity since 2018 and the project is assumed to be shelved.
- Sponsor: Wrexham Power Ltd
- Parent company: St Modwen Properties, Glenfinnan Properties
- Location: Wrexham Town, Wrexham County (Wales), United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 53.040199,-2.9330317 (exact)
- Gross capacity (shelved): 299 MW
Articles and Resources
- Wrexham Energy Centre, National Infrastructure Planning website, last updated February 16, 2018.
- Generating Stations: Wrexham Energy Centre, UK National Infrastructure Planning, Jul 18, 2017
- Wrexham Energy Centre, Wrexham Power limited website, accessed November 2019.
- Location, Wrexham Power Limited, accessed November 2019.
- APPLICATION FOR THE WREXHAM GAS FIRED GENERATING STATION ORDER, National Infrastructure Planning website, July 18, 2017.
- Powerful opportunity from gas-fired stations, Glenigan, accessed November 2019.