Hillhouse Enterprise Zone Power Station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor and Center for Media and Democracy project.|
Hillhouse Enterprise Zone Power Station is a 900-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Lancashire County, United Kingdom.
The map below shows the approximate location of the proposed power station in Thornton, Lancashire County, United Kingdom.
In 2016 NPL Group hosted a site visit to solicit investment in the project, hosting both China Power Engineering Consulting Group Corporation Ltd (CPECC) and China National Electric Engineering Co Ltd (CNEEC). The three companies intended to submit a full application for the Secretary of State's Development Consent Order (DCO) process in 2019.
As of April 2021, the project has not moved past pre-application in the development consent process (since 2016). It also was not mentioned in a 2020 site update document. The project is presumed shelved.
- Sponsor: Wyre Power Ltd
- Parent company: NPL Group
- Location: Thornton, Lancashire County, United Kingdom
- Coordinates: 53.8737, -3.0214 (approximate)
- Gross capacity (shelved): 900 MW
Articles and Resources
- Hillhouse Enterprise Zone Power Station, National Infrastructure Planning website, accessed November 2019.
- Hillhouse Enterprise Zone, Visit Cleveleys, Apr 29, 2020
- Hillhouse EZ Power Station (CCGT), NPLGroup, accessed Apr 14, 2021
- Hillhouse Enterprise Zone: Progress Report, Blackpool Council, Sep 16, 2020
- Meeting note, National Infrastructure Planning website, April 21, 2016.
- Wyre Power Ltd, part of the NPL Group, have announced the signing of a Collaboration Agreement on Tuesday 24 October 2017 with China Machinery Engineering Corporation (CMEC)., Visit Fylde Coast, March 27, 2018.