Xi An Xijiao power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Xi'An Xijiao power station (国电西安西郊热电厂) is a 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Hongguang Road, Weiyang District, Xi'an, Shaanxi Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Hongguang Road, Weiyang District, Xi'an, Shaanxi Province, China.
The Xi'an Xijiao power station provides electricity and heating to the city of Xi'an in China, covering around 30 million square meters of area. The power plant has two 25 MW units from the 1980s (Units 1 and 2; seemingly retired since no information about their operation can be found) and two 50 MW units (Units 3 and 4, commissioned in 2002-2003). The plant has an annual power generation of 3.8 billion kilowatt-hours.
In 2011, the Guodian Shaanxi Power Company planned an expansion to this plant, hoping to add two 350 MW supercritical units. The project had a total planned investment of 2.66 billion RMB. The project underwent an environmental impact assessment in 2013; however, it appears this planned expansion has fallen through, as there has been no news since then.
In early 2021, the Xi'an municipality announced their goal of phasing out all coal by 2025. It appears that the Xi'an Xijiao power station is on the list of coal plants that will be influenced by this target, but the details remain unclear.
In March 2021, it was also announced that the Xi'an Xijiao power station would be one of the plants being relocated out of the Xi'an city to reduce air pollution in the residential areas. Relocation work may start as early as November 30; however, there is also a possibility that the plant will be retired as well.
- Sponsor: Guodian Shaanxi Power Co
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Hongguang Road, Weiyang District, Xi'an, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 34.2583, 108.8451 (exact)
- Coal type: Unknown
- Coal source: Unknown
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 100 MW
- Unit 3: Coal-fired subcritical, 50 MW (start-up in 2002)
- Unit 4: Coal-fired subcritical, 50 MW (start-up in 2003)
Articles and Resources
- "西安再提灞桥、西郊两大热电厂搬迁......_供热". www.sohu.com. 2021-07-19. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "国水江河(北京)工程咨询有限公司". www.gsjhbj.com. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "国电西安西郊热电厂（三期）工程（更新）". www.sosoas.com. 2011-03-25. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- "关于陕西华能铜川电厂二期扩建项目. 环境影响报告书的技术评估报告" (PDF). Ministry of Environment and Ecology. 2014. Retrieved 2021-08-04.
- ""十四五"末 西安再无燃煤机组 - 北极星火力发电网". BJX News. 2021-07-12. Retrieved 2021-08-04.