Huaneng Yantai Bajiao power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Yantai Bajiao power station (烟台八角发电厂) is a 1,340-megawatt (MW) residential CHP coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Bajiao Village, Dajijia Town.
Background on Plant
A 2 x 300 MW coal-fired power station was permitted in 2007. It was later sold to China Huaneng by SGCC.
Huaneng halted the 2 x 300MW project, and started a new 2 x 600MW at the same location. The 1,200 MW project was approved for construction in July 2014.
Unit 1 was commissioned in October 2018.
Unit 2 was commissioned in April 2019.
- Sponsor: China Huaneng
- Location: Bajiao Village, Dajijia Town, Fushan District, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.694515,121.127422 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 1,340 MW (Units 1 & 2: 670 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Start year: 2018 (Unit 1), 2019 (Unit 2)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "华能烟台八角电厂上大压小机组工程," 环境影响报告书简本
- "关于转发《国家发展改革委关于山东华能 烟台八角电厂“上大压小”新建工程项目 核准的批复》的通知," 烟台市发展改革委, 2014-07-14
- "华能烟台八角电厂“上大压小”新建工程厂区边坡水土保持绿化工程招标公告," 2018-06-15
- "Huaneng Bajiao Power Plant Unit 1 is put into operation," China5e, 2018-11-09
- "中国能建安徽电建一公司承建国内首台港电热一体化机组通过试运行," 安徽电建一公司, 2019-04-29