Yili Yining power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Yili Yining power station (国投伊犁能源伊宁热电厂) is a 660-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station in Ili (Yili) Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture.
Background on Yili Yining-1
The two existing coal-fired units of Yili Yining-1 power station, totaling 660 MW, were brought online between 2012 and 2013.
Two more units of 700 MW total (2 x 350 MW) are proposed at Yili Yining-1. But with no development since 2013, the expansion appears to be abandoned.
Yili Yining-2 is a proposed coal plant at the same location. It would have a total planned capacity of 1,320 MW. The project feasibility report for a 2 x 660 MW plant was submitted in 2012. But with no developments since 2012, Yili Yining-2 appears to be abandoned.
- Sponsor: SDIC Ili Energy Development Co.
- Parent company: ChinaCoal (60%), Guoxin Hongsheng Investment Company (14%), ChinaCoal (12%), China Chengtong Holding Group (8%), National Energy Investment Group (6%)
- Location: Nilka County, Ili Kazakh Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 43.926281, 81.221119 (exact)
- Yili Yining-1, Units 1 & 2: Operating
- Yili Yining-1, Units 3 & 4: Cancelled
- Yili Yining-2: Cancelled
- Gross capacity:
- Yili Yining-1, Units 1 & 2: 660 MW (2 x 330 MW)
- Yili Yining-1, Units 3 & 4: 700 MW (2 x 350 MW)
- Yili Yining-2: 1,320 MW (Units 1&2: 660 MW)
- Start year: 2012 (Yili Yining-1, Unit 1); 2013 (Yili Yining-1, Unit 2)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "国电尼勒克煤电一体化项目获得新疆电力公司接入系统批复," 尼勒克筹建办公室, 2012-04-09
- "国投两台发电机组投入商业化运营将参与“疆电外送”工程," Yining city, 2013-03-20
- "国电尼勒克煤电一体化项目电厂2×660MW工程通过可研审查," 尼勒克筹建办, 2012-06-11
- "China state fund joins global shift away from coal," Business Times, March 22, 2019
- "中煤集团接手国投电力转让的5家火电厂股权," 北极星电力网新闻中心, 2019/12/30