Yingkou LNG Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Fossil Infrastructure Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Yingkou LNG Terminal (营口LNG接收站) is a proposed LNG import terminal in Liaoning, China.
- Sponsor: China Communications Yingkou LNG Co., Ltd. 中交营口液化天然气有限公司
- Owner: China Communications Urban and Rural Energy Co., Ltd (中交城乡能源有限责任公司) 75%，Hebei Shenneng Gas Co., Ltd (河北燊能燃气有限公司)25%
- Parent: China Communications Construction Group (ltd.)
- Location: Xianren Island, Yingkou, Liaoning, China
- Coordinates: 40.193958, 122.013095 (approximate)
- Proposed Capacity: 6 mtpa, 0.86 bcfd
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Import
- Start Year:
Note: mtpa = million tonnes per year; bcfd = billion cubic feet per day
A proposal of LNG Terminal in Yingkou was included in The 13th Five Year Plan of Liaoning. The sponsor company was CNOOC. No activities could be found from CNOOC on Yingkou LNG project.
In November 2016, Yingkou government signed an investment agreement with Hubei Energy Group and Great United Petroleum Holding Co., Ltd. to jointly develop Yingkou LNG Terminal with a proposed capacity of 6 mtpa.  No further activities since then, indicating the two companies abandoned the project.
In April 2018, Yingkou government welcomed and signed an investment agreement with Hebei Shenneng Gas Co., Ltd, (河北燊能燃气有限公司) Zhongtie Gallon LNG Logistics Co., Ltd. (中铁加仑液化天然气物流股份有限公司), Zhengyang Real Estate Group Co., Ltd. (正阳房地产集团有限公司), Zhongtie Gallon Handan Natural Gas Co., Ltd.(中铁加仑邯郸天然气有限公司) to jointly develop Yingkou LNG Terminal.
In December 2019, a joint venture company was established to sponsor the Yingkou LNG terminal project. China Communications Urban and Rural Energy Co., Ltd (中交城乡能源有限责任公司) owns the majority equity and Hebei Shenneng Gas Co., Ltd (河北燊能燃气有限公司) owns 25%.Zhongtie Gallon and Zhengyang Real Estate were excluded.
In Feb 2021, it was reported the sponsor company has submitted the application for permit of construction to the National Energy Administration. The first phase of the construction would be 3 mtpa, aiming the operation in 2023. 
Articles and resources
- "中交营口液化天然气有限公司 - 企查查". www.qcc.com. Retrieved 2021-04-20.
- 乘势而上 中交能源全力推进LNG全产业链布局, Gas, December 19, 2019
- "辽宁省国民经济和社会发展第十三个五年规划纲要" (PDF). NDRC. org.
- "Hubei Energy Group Co.: Announcement of cooperation framework agreement," disclosure.szse.cn, November 1, 2016
- "营口两大基础设施项目签署合作协议--辽宁日报". www.ln.gov.cn. 2016-11-01. Retrieved 2021-04-20.
- "营口LNG接收站项目落户营口市 加快辽宁现代能源体系建设 -中国燃气网". www.chinagas.org.cn. 2018-04-12. Retrieved 2021-04-20.
- "【聚焦】乘势而上 中交能源全力推进LNG全产业链布局_天然气". www.sohu.com. 2019-12-20. Retrieved 2021-04-20.
- 中交营口LNG接收站已向国家能源局提交核准申请，计划2023年投产运营。 Sohu.com. Source: 营口市发改委、中交营口液化天然气有限公司. 2021-02-26