Yme oil field
Yme oil field is an oil field southeastern part of the Norwegian sector of the North Sea.
The map below shows the location of the field, in the southeastern part of the Norwegian sector of the North Sea, 130 kilometers northeast of the Ula field, off the coast of Norway.
Yme was discovered in 1987, the plan for development and operation (PDO) was approved in 1995 and production started in 1996. Production first peaked in 1997 at 1.98 million standard cubic meters of oil equivalents. In 1998, it produced comparable amounts of oil to 1997, but then steadily decreased through 2001 when, according to the Norwegian Petroleum Directorate production "because operation of the field was no longer regarded as profitable."
A PDO for the redevelopment of YME approved in 2007. The 2007 development concept utilized as mobile offshore production unit (MOPU). By 2013, due to structural deficiencies and the vast amount of outstanding work to complete the MOPU, it was removed from Yme field. In 2018, a new PDO which aimed to reuse the nine wells pre-drilled in 2009-2010 and drill seven additional wells was approved.
In February 2020, Repsol, the field operator, announced production from the redeveloped field would be delayed until the latter half of 2020 as "preparations" were taking "longer than expected." An executive from Repsol's project partner added that they "definitely expect startup in the third quarter [of 2020]."
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the expected start of production was pushed back again. As of August 2020, Repsol reportedly aimed for production from the field will begin in third quarter 2021. LOTOS, another project partner, estimated production to begin the last quarter of 2021.
On January 4, 2021, Oil and Gas Journal reported that YME was in the "hook up, commissioning, and startup preparation phase."
- Operator: Repsol Norge AS
- Parent company: Repsol [55%]; Lotos Petrobaltic [20%]; OKEA ASA [15%]; Kuwait Petroleum Corporation [10%]
- Location: North Sea, Norway
- Coordinates: 57.8295, 4.527 (exact)
- Reserves: Total remaining reserve 19.4 mill. Sm3 o.e.
- Oil remaining reserves 19.4 mill. Sm3 o.e.
- "Field: YME". Norwegianpetroleum.no. Retrieved 2021-02-05.
- Staff, Reuters (2020-02-13). "UPDATE 1-Norway's Yme field startup delayed until H2 2020 -Repsol". Reuters. Retrieved 2021-02-05.
- "Norway's Yme Field Start-up Could Face More Delays". Offshore Engineer Magazine. 2020-08-14. Retrieved 2021-02-05.
- "Repsol advances Yme development with rig install". Oil & Gas Journal. 2021-01-04. Retrieved 2021-02-05.
- "Map services". www.npd.no. Retrieved 2021-02-03.