Youshan Nickel Smelter power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Youshan Nickel Smelter power station is a proposed 250-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Weda Bay Industrial Park in Central Halmahera Regency, North Maluku, Indonesia
The satellite photograph below shows the site of the Weda Bay Industrial park in Weda Bay, Central Halmahera, North Maluku, where the smelter will be constructed.
Background on Project
PT Youshan Nickel plans to build a nickel smelter in the Weda Bay Industrial Park with an output of 130,000 metric tons of nickel sulphate per year. The company plans to build a 250 MW coal-fired power station to provide electricity to the smelter.
- Sponsor: PT Youshan Nickel
- Parent company: Tsingshan Holding Group, Zhejiang Huayou Cobalt Co.
- Location: Weda, Central Halmahera, North Maluku, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 0.479331,127.98240 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross capacity: 250 MW
- In service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Rio Indrawan, IWIP Jamin Smelter Freeport di Weda Bay Rampung 2023, Ini Alasannya, Dunia Energi, Apr. 5, 2021
- INTERNATIONAL NICKEL STUDY GROUP, Fastmarkets MB - 7th International Nickel Conference, June 5, 2019