Zandvliet Power Station
|Part of the Global Gas Plant Tracker, a Global Energy Monitor project.|
|Report an error|
Zandvliet Power Station is a 386-megawatt (MW) gas-fired power plant in Antwerp Province, Belgium.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Antwerp, Antwerp Province, Belgium.
Plans for another 850 MW plant, the BASF Antwerp power station, at this site were cancelled in 2021.
- Sponsor: Zandvliet Power NV
- Parent company: BASF Antwerpen NV (50%), Electrabel (50%)
- Location: Antwerp, Antwerp Province, Belgium
- Coordinates: 51.3689, 4.2642 (exact)
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 386 MW
Articles and Resources
- Siemens to build CCGT plant at BASF site in Antwerp, Power Engineering, Dec 16, 2003
- Zandvliet Gas Power Plant, Industry About, Apr 25, 2019
- BASF Antwerpen stapt in elektriciteitscentrale, De Standaard, Jun 8, 2011
- Google Maps accessed January 2020
- Elia "Detailed production park" data set dated July 3, 2019
- ENTSO-E Transparency Platform, ID 22WZANDVL150255D accessed November 2019
- Elia "Detailed production park" data set dated December 8, 2021