Zhaojin Coal Mine
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
The undated satellite photo below shows the exact location of the mine.
Coal Mine Background
Zhaojin Coal Mine is operated by Tongchuan City Yaozhou District Zhaojin Mining Co., Ltd. It was built in July 2004 and put into production in September 2007, with a 0.45 million tons/year design production capacity. In November 2008, the approved production capacity was 0.9 million tons/year; in September 2013, the mine ventilation system transform was completed, and the approved production capacity was 1.8 million tons/year in December 2013. The approved production capacity in 2019 was 1.8 million tons/year.
At 8:05 on April 25, 2016, a severe flood accident occurred in Zhaojin Coal Mine, resulting in eleven deaths.
- Operator: Zhaojin Mining Co., Ltd. of Yaozhou District, Tongchuan City
- Owner: Shanxi Kuntai Energy Co., Ltd.
- Location: Zhaojin Village, Zhaojin Town, Yaozhou District, Tongchuan City, Shaanxi Province
- GPS Coordinates: 35.065339, 108.620152
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 1.8 million tonnes per annum
- Total Resource: 68.01 million tonnes
- Mineable Reserves: 16.26 million tonnes
- Coal Type: longflame coal, Weakly caking coal（Thermal）
- Mine Size: 14.3 k㎡
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year: 2007