Çayırhan coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Çayırhan coal mine is an opencast mine, operated by EÜAŞ, in Çayırhan, Nallıhan, Ankara, Turkey.
The mine powers the Çayırhan power station.
Park Teknik, a subsidiary of Ciner Group, received the tender for a coal mine in Çayırhan in 1996. The tender was a build-operate-transfer project whereby Park Teknik would build and operate the mine for 15 years, and then transfer it to Türkiye Elektrik Üretim İletim A.Ş. or TEİAŞ (Turkey Electricity Production and Distribution co.) a public energy company. Park Teknik's lease ended in 2010.  In 2000, the ownership of the mine was transferred from TEİAŞ to EÜAŞ. In 2010, another tender was supposed to take place for the mine's operation, but was canceled. The mine's operating rights were awarded to Park Termik, another subsidiary of Ciner Group, through a concession agreement (imtiyaz sözleşmesi). In June 30, 2020 Park Termik transferred its operating rights alongside all the mine equipment on site to EÜAŞ. The transfer also included the Çayırhan power station that Park Termik operated. 
The map below shows the exact location of the Çayırhan mine in Çayırhan, Nallıhan, Ankara, Turkey.
- Owner: EÜAŞ
- Operator: EÜAŞ
- Location: Çayırhan, Nallıhan, Ankara, Turkey
- GPS coordinates: 40.10121, 31.7017461 (exact)
- Mine status: Operating
- Start year: 2000
- Mineable reserves: 304 million tonnes 
- Total reserves: 545 million tonnes 
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mine size:
- Mine type:
Articles and resources
- "Şirket Profili". Park Teknik. 2013. Retrieved June 15, 2021.
- Template:Cite letter
- "Park Elektrik Çayırhan Termik Santralini EÜAŞ'a devretti Kaynak: Park Elektrik Çayırhan Termik Santralini EÜAŞ'a devretti". Enerji Günlüğü. July 1, 2020.
- Türkiye'ye Güç Veriyoruz: 2019 Faaliyet Raporu . Elektrik Üretim Anonim Şirketi. Report.