4.13 Ironworks steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
4.13 Ironworks (4.13 製鋼所 (Chinese)) is a steel plant in Nampo, South Pyongan Province, North Korea.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Nampo, South Pyongan Province, North Korea.
Steel for weapons development
In March 2020, Daily NK reported that North Korea is aiming to increase its production of steel for weapons development, with the goal of selling these weapons abroad for foreign currency.
- Private/State ownership: state-owned (Ministry of Metal and Machine-Building Industries)
- Parent company: Government of North Korea
- Owner: Government of North Korea
- Alternative plant names: April 13 Iron Mill
- Other language plant name: 4.13 製鋼所 (Chinese)
- Location: Nampo, South Pyongan Province, North Korea
- GPS Coordinates: 38.729864, 125.414672 (approximate)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: During first Seven-Year Plan (1961-1970)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 400
Articles and resources
- Kim Ch'aek Iron and Steel Complex, Nuclear Threat Initiative, Apr. 1, 2003 Retrieved on: May 27, 2020
- North Korea Development Report 2002/03, Edited by Choong Yong Ahn, Korea Institute for International Economic Policy
- N. Korea ramps up steel production for weapons development, Jang Seul Gi, Daily NK, Mar. 19, 2020, Retrieved on: May 27, 2020